The Information Management research line at LASIGE investigates data processing problems with a focus on systems for data analysis, information integration and user access to large volume of complex data from heterogeneous platforms.
Current research topics span:
- Text and data mining
- Information Retrieval
- Web archiving and search
- Decision support systems
- Geographic information systems
- Mobile systems
- Information visualization
- Doctoral Researchers: Nuno Cardoso, Miguel Costa, Paulo Pombinho,Sérgio Freitas, Tiago Gonçalves
- Master Students: Dumitru, Edgar Montez, Vitor Oliveira
- Undergraduate Students: -
- Collaborators (invited): Daniel Gomes, Mário J. Silva
- Past Members: David Batista, Juliana Duque, Patricia Sousa, Paula Carvalho, Pedro Silva, Silvio Moreira, Tiago Sousa
The following XLDB Team research projects in Information Management are currently active:
- EPIWork : Developing the framework for an epidemic forecast infrastructure
- MobileAR - Mobile Augmented Reality
- niuGIS: Plataforma Avançada para Harmonização de Informação Geográfica
- REACTION - Retrieval, Extraction and Aggregation Computing Technology for Integrating and Organizing News
- SInteliGIS - Intelligent Geographic Information Services.
- VisMobile - Mobile Information Visualization, Adaptive Visualization, Context-Awarness.
- VIRUS - Video Information Retieval Using Subtitles.
Ongoing XLDB Team Activities in Information Management
The following networks/activities take place:
- CIDS - Calculating citation impact discerning self-citations
Past XLDB Team Projects and Activities in Information Management
The following projects are now concluded:
- XMLBase - Researched analysis, design and implementation methods for systems for semi-structured data management.
- ADRIANE - with Público, sponsored by the PRAXIS_XXI Program.
- BDSIG - sponsored by CNIG.
- Digital Deposit - sponsored by Biblioteca Nacional.
- GESTINF - sponsored by Banco de Portugal.
- FOGOS - Decision support tools for integrating fire and forest management planning
- GeoVis - Visualization of Geo-referenced Information
- GReaSE - Geographic reasoning for search engines
- FTH-Grid - Fault-Tolerant Hierarchical Grid Scheduling
- GReaSE : Geographic reasoning for search engines.
- OPTIMISM - Opinion Text Mining from Social Meshes
The following activities are now suspended: